Monday, March 06, 2006

SERIOUS: Michael Wolf, award-winning photographer

This is an interview I conducted last March with Michael Wolf, a German-born, US-raised photographer of Hong Kong landscapes and objects. Wolf has some interesting ideas about Hong Kong's growth, the deterioration of its unique grimy, gritty aesthetic, and about China. Click here for his online portfolio.

"First Person" features are designed to really capture the voice of the interviewee, so it is not a question-and-answer in its traditional format. The piece is pictured as it appeared in the April 1, 2005 issue of HK Magazine. Click on the image to get a readable version.

I know I promised Alan Hollinghurst, but I've only got it in hard copy format, so I'll need to retype the interview, which was never published in its entirety. More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home