Wednesday, March 15, 2006

SILLY: Vegetarian for a Week

I've decided to go vegetarian for the week. It was an easy decision that developed organically (forgive the pun, sort of): I ate a detox-vegetarian meal at the home of my friend Eliza on Monday, and met another friend at a delicious vegan restaurant on the Upper East Side last night, and figured, hey, why not keep going.

Now, let it be known, usually I will never turn down a good steak or a crisp piece of bacon. (If you're interested in the process of makin' bacon, check out my friend Andy's hilarious bacon blog, Horowitz Pork Products.)

But this week, I thought I'd see if I *felt* any differently after not eating meat. Let it also be known that I'm not giving up eggs, though I recognize this as an aberration from being vegetarian. Here are some funny vegetarian facts:

Did you know that there was an American Vegetarian Party, under whose umbrella these two fellows each ran for President on 5 different occasions between the years of 1948 and 1964? Bet you didn't.




Did you know that all rhinos are vegetarians? (1) yup.

And, approximately 8% of Californians are vegetarians. (2) ...guess they're not rhinos.




Famous vegetarians that you knew about:

Paul and Linda McCartney
Alicia Silverstone
Lisa Simpson
David Duchovny
Ghandi


And ones that you perhaps didn't:

Leonard Nimoy
Joaquin Phoenix
Albert Einstein
Charles Darwin


Look like I'm in good company. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to our side.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Gabriel said...

Hmmm... Leonard Nimoy, David Duchovny and Gandhi... sounds like a great club! Ehh... Hm. But yeah, good luck saying no to Mrs. Cow - yummy, tasty, succulent Mrs. Cow... Mrs. Cow is the best. She's our friend. And don't forget about Mr. Rabbit or Mr. Lamb as well. Mmmm.

Oh, and by the way: I'm much much smarter now than last time you saw me (which, admittedly, doesn't say much), and if we ever do battle in trivia night again, you're doomed! [insert evil laughter]

Uhm... yeah. Well, time to sleep!

3:39 AM  
Blogger brad board babe said...

Cyndi. Being a vegetarian was hard, and I don't know if I can do it again. I ended my stint with a thai chicken wrap and a BLT (as pictured). Couldn't help myself.

Gabriel. Trivia night is ON. We will NOT come in second to last place again. no no!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home