Thursday, April 20, 2006

Beaver Food

Oh, MAN do I miss the Brearley Caf.


Things to note:

- We never called it, "the Hot Station," but I like the sound of that. Note: we could return to the Hot Station as many times, for as many helpings, as our little uniformed hearts desired! What a wonderful, wonderful place to become a woman.
- "All menus for this week are made with Passover considerations." amazing. Matzoh in two recipes, and potato latkas! yum!
- "Chef's Choice." I don't know what that means now (seven years after graduating), but oh, isn't it just too exciting to think about?? (Maybe some of you readers out there still associated with Brearley can tell us what tomorrow's Chef's Choice is!) When I was there, Friday was leftover day, and that was FINE. BY. ME. yes'm.

I think I was Jewish in another life.

(Shout out to GHF Club, which convened for the first time last night over thin-crust pizza and Yuengling. yay!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. We also never called it the "brearley cafe" (accented or otherwise).
2. I heard an expression recently that made me think of you Jenn - a non-jew from New York is more Jewish than a Jew from outside of new york. Or something like that. very apropos.
3. What are you doing looking at the online menu for brearley?

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, what are you doing looking at the online menu for brearley? "chef's choice" is a nice way of saying leftovers. and i must admit i got a big kick out of all the jewish food they served this week. it was yummy.

GHF fo-eva.

12:15 AM  
Blogger brad board babe said...

I don't know what I was doing looking at the online Brearley Caf menu, to tell you the truth. Does seem weird and stalker-y, doesn't it...?

I think I was getting hungry, and thinking about Brearley, having hung out with Josie the previous evening, so I went to see what the website looked like these days. Saw the menu and the mouth started to water. Thought I'd draw attention to the fact that Brearley respects religious dietary needs and fed us REALLY well when we were pups.

Becca, you MUST find out where you heard that expression so that I may make it my motto around Jewish holidays.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home