Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's my Mother's birthday!

Even though I'm quite sure my mother, Sally Eng Yee, doesn't want me posting details of her age on my blog, I'm going to, and you'll see why. Regardez...

Does this woman look half-a-century old to you? (She turns 49 today.) Here she's pictured at with my brother and some bamboo. I took the photo in Macau, a special economic region located just forty-five minutes' ferry ride from Hong Kong, when my family was visiting for Christmas 2004.

I won't comment on the brother, but suffice it to say he adds a little silliness to our lives.

Everyone -- friends and strangers alike -- should email my mother to wish her a Happy Birthday! She checks her email twice a day, once in the very early morning (we're talking 6am here, folks) and once in the afternoon, so you may sneak it in under the wire. This is my interactive blog experience experiment. I'm having dinner with her on Thursday, so we'll see if she mentions anything unusual about her email inflow!

Happy birthday Mom!

(Speaking of birthdays, does anyone ELSE think that Gwyneth Paltrow naming her newborn Moses, is just really weird?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was gonna post a comment saying "dude, don't you mean when your family visited in *2005*"? HAA HAA, making fun of your inability to appreciate how fast/slow time passes by... ehm.. then I realized that it actually HAS been more than a year since we went for dinner in Fo Tan. How insane is that?! Tell your mom happy birthday and say hi to your bro.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home