Friday, April 21, 2006

New York's daily rags crack me up

Two notable, and arguably, um, inappropriate front pages of today. Well, I guess we had it coming.



Also worth noting, on page 23 of the Daily News:

"POLES PULL PLAN FOR MUSICAL AT DEATH CAMP -- Warsaw -- After protests by Jewish groups, Polish authorities said yesterday they had withdrawn permission for the musical 'Jesus Christ Superstar' to be performed at a former Nazi concentration camp. The musical had been set to premiere in July on the anniversary of the liberation of Majdanek, the Nazi concentration camp near Lublin, Poland. But Poland's culture ministry and the camp's management said the performance by a local Polish theater group was cancelled."

WHAT?? What were they THINKING?? I'm not Jewish, but even *I* know better. (Although, thanks Becca, for your comment last post about non-Jews from New York!) Thank goodness someone came to their senses. I love the news.

Happy weekend, all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, the NY Times ran "scumbag" in a daily crossword puzzle.

People went nuts. I read about it in Slate. Count me in as one person who was not at all familiar with the etymology of that particular word.

10:56 AM  
Blogger brad board babe said...

I'm in that camp, too, Brad.

(Brad? Is this Brad who lives in China? Or Brad who works at the radio station? Or are you a completely random Brad? If the last rings true, then you will be my first not-my-friend-from-pre-blog-days comment! yow!)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home