Thursday, May 18, 2006

Paula Abdul and I have great taste

I have to confess. I love American Idol. And only a show that's being watched by 30 million Americans each week could own a headline like this:



Well, like, duh.

For those culturally-impaired among you (out-of-tune, obviously, with Rupert Murdoch's grand scheme to hypnotize all of America with his Fox network talent show), Elliott was the crooked-toothed, Elf-eared Virginian with the great vibrato, who made it to the semi-finals of the show. And boy was he lovely. And in addititon to winning my little sentimental heart, he was Paula Abdul's fave, too (ever since "Cold Hearted Snake," I *knew* we were on the same wavelength!). Last night he was eliminated from the competition by a mere .002% of the 50 million votes (though to be fair to the runner up, that's still 100,000 votes).

I would guess that this is one of Yahoo!'s most popular articles this lazy Thursday afternoon. And trust me when I say that there's absolutely NO NEWS at all in this piece, unless, of course, you didn't know that Elliott is 90% deaf in one ear.

He made a fantastic underdog, he did.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, E-Ya lives on in our hearts and minds. Richmond V-A. 2006. Holla.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home