Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tell me where you've been.

Note: this is a complete ripoff of a post my friend Sara writes on her wonderful blog from Hong Kong, but I'm doing it anyway. Thank you, Sara, for finding this!

With three extra sections of pages in my passport to accomodate countless stamps (that I sometimes look at before I go to bed at night, to remind myself of more fancy-free times), and after visiting 25 countries so far in my life, I've only seen an incredible 11% of the world. I feel both excited and terrified by how much there still is to see.

To create your *own* visited countries map, click here.

As an added bonus, here is my United States map. I once met a person at a party who recited how many states he'd been to, and I found him moderately obnoxious. I wonder if introducing this concept on the blog makes me a hypocrite...hm. Well, here is my map anyway: 23 states totaling about 45% of the country.

What's your total?

4 Comments:

Blogger RenRen said...

You've been to all these mid west states but you still haven't made your way to California?

2:14 AM  
Blogger brad board babe said...

I know. It's embarrassing. I usually say so in conversation, ie, "I've been all over Asia, but I haven't even been to the WEST COAST." I hate it. I need to fix it.

I think there's a sort of psychological block, though. Visiting friends would be one thing, but I am loathe to think of myself of a tourist in an American state. It just seems silly to spend my time doing that, when I could be, in, um, Croatia, or something.

11:52 AM  
Blogger brad board babe said...

Omigosh! Well, I've been to Nevada! I forgot that's where Las Vegas is. So, I've been *close* to the West Coast, but didn't quite get there.

So that's 24 states for 47%, instead of 23 states. Not terrible, but not great.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! When were you in Sweden??

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home