Friday, June 23, 2006

Refugee All Stars

If I feel that I have sufficiently packed my entire apartment by this evening, I plan on going to see the Refugee All Stars play tonight at Central Park Summerstage. The group consists entirely of refugees from Sierra Leone who found each other in the neighboring country of Guinea, and started to make music. Their story was documented in a film with their namesake, and it will be screened tonight in between musical performances by the band.

So, here's hoping that the boxes get filled and the thunderstorms hold off. Happy weekend everyone!

(The Refugee All Stars will be playing from 7-10pm tonight at Summerstage, located at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Enter the park at 69th Street and 5th Avenue on the east side or at 72nd Street and Central Park West on the west side.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha Ann said...

link me! link me!

xoxo
sam

ps -- i want to see your apt when it's all furnished and shit. can't wait!

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home