Wednesday, August 16, 2006

america

I went to dinner with my mother yesterday in a small modern Chinese restaurant on Mott Street called Shanghai Cafe, where we ate soupy dumplings and something on the menu called, "General Chicken." During dinner, my mother just gave me a CD of more than 700 pictures to browse through from her motorcyle trip out West, and I loved this one so much that I made it my desktop background.

Isn't it beautiful?

One of the things I have been most embarrassed about when I talk about my travels is that I have seen so little of America. I suppose two things factor into this: a) I'm not much of a driver, and b) I hate feeling like a tourist in my own country. (Even when I'm lost in New York, I refuse to ask for directions.) I don't know if I'm going to get a chance to do the cross-country road trip rite-of-passage. Can't seem to find the time, or the vehicle, or the right traveling buddy. One day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenn,

that is an amazing photo. i would love to see that photo CD someday.

my longest road trip in the states was from DC to tennessee = pathetic. i've ALWAYS wanted to drive cross country, so if you ever find the time and vehicle, you've already got the right traveling buddy (ie. me). if we can do palawan, we can do the states.

love and miss

~lisa

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...you and your brethren at Blogspot are no longer considered "anti-revolutionary" by the commies in Beijers. Your site loaded with no problems today!

I'll be back to following along regularly.

And I could do a roadtrip for sure. My longest one to date was Athens, GA to Toronto with many stops along the way.

12:27 AM  
Blogger brad board babe said...

alright! Let's go a-road trippin'!

(any reason why the only people who proposed to join me are my friends from HK? hmm.)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home