Monday, January 08, 2007

change and the new year.

A select few of you know that I've started a new job, where I'll be an editor at a new web company with a focus on keeping the weather from hitting 70 degrees in January again.

Well, that's not all we're focused on, but you get the idea. The company's green, and I'm all for it (even if I have a lot to learn). And so if I tell you to turn off the lights in rooms you're not using, just remember, it's my job now.

Some of you may also know I'm running a marathon with my sister in April. Well, actually, most of you probably know that, given that the only readers of this blog are probably people I've also already asked to donate to my charity. The training's going well -- I'm up to about 8 miles now, a distance as foreign to me as it is to you -- and I promise to write a more extensive post all about the achy tendons and funny conversations I've had while running with this team.

Others of you may know that I'm maid of honor in my first wedding, which is in less than two months. I've seen the dress, I've flipped through the wedding magazines, I am considering getting my makeup done. It's all very new territory.

And most of you know that I'm working on a collection of short stories about my grandfather, a project made even more real for me by the award of a small grant from the Urban Artist Alliance/New York City.

In sum, I am hoping that you can forgive me, then, for being a blog boob and neglecting this little website. I'll try not to let it happen again, and assure you that the next post will be less personal and more topical.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home